John 3: 16 (NIV)

John 3:16 (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thoughts

Life in Galmi can create a strong sense of sadness and of joy.


I consider the role of the doctors and the circumstances they deal with daily, and I admit that I am glad I do not have to do what they do. I know that there are times of celebration for lives saved, and times to be sad for those lives lost. Is it much different than a North American hospital? Certainly there are life and death situations there as well, but, and this is a very big but – not to the extent it is here. The doctors here, in my opinion, are made of special stuff in order to hold onto their sanity and strength. That special stuff can only come through the power of Christ who provides for all those who serve Him.

As for me, I am grateful that He gives me, and Grace, the strength to provide in our support roles as well. He gives us the opportunities to interact with others around us and to be His servants. As I type this, the song “You’re In the Right Place” by Petra is on and it says how He will see us through – we are in the right place. How true.

You have probably heard the saying that we need to live our lives in a way so that when others see us they see Christ in us, visible and ever present. I guess I have to ask this question: When we look in the mirror and see our own reflections, and consider our own lives, do we see Christ looking back at us? Maybe that is a question that needs to be more prevalent.

Grace and I have just gone through a very rough week of illness ourselves. Some malaria combines with a gastro/intestinal problem. I never felt so sick at one time and I am so grateful it is now over. I am also extremely grateful for the doctors and other medical staff that took such great care of us.

No comments: