John 3: 16 (NIV)

John 3:16 (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7

It's official - April 7, 2011 is a National Holiday in Niger.  It is also my birthday.  Is it a coincidence?  I don't know but we just found out last night that it is a holiday.  Maybe the powers that be found out about my birthday.  I wonder if I will get gifts.

On the other hand, there is a slight possibility that the holiday is for the inauguration of the new president in Niger.  I am not quite sure which one it is.

Despite the holiday the compound staff are gathered together and are having a morning devotion.  I can hear them singing a Christian hymn in Hausa.  So uplifting.

Blessings to all

No comments: