John 3: 16 (NIV)

John 3:16 (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Laughing Matters

Phil Callaway is one of my favorite authors. This is a quote from his book "Laughing Matters", which I am glad I brought to Galmi.

During the Civil War, an anonymous Confederate soldier wrote:
I asked for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked God for health, that I may do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I may be happy;
I was given poverty, that I may be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing I asked for but everything I hoped for.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

No comments: