John 3: 16 (NIV)

John 3:16 (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I had a deja vu event this week.  There is a 2 sheet Curling club 5 minutes from the school that offers free ice time.    They provide brooms and sliders for novice curlers.  We have not curled for about 20 years.  Had a great time.  Apparently Brazil used this rink to prepare for the upcoming Olympics.  Kind of like the movie "Cool Running".  It reminded me of the curling rinks in the surrounding farming communities I grew up in.  I successfully met my goal of not falling and hitting the head, and bonus I got 2 out of 4 rocks in the house. ☺

On of those to do things on my list "before we leave for Africa"  was to make a snowman.  Yesterday was a beautiful day and the snow was sticky, perfect for snowman making.  I can check this off the list!☺

Please join us in praying for Haiti this week.

We are both working very hard at our studies and are making progress in our french language studies.  Continued prayer is appreciated.